Almonds – highly nutritious, packed full of protein and fibre and a perfect complement to a lot of delicious pastries and desserts. What is there not to like about this wonderful nut?
If you are huge fan of this superfood, then you have come to the right place. We are delighted to share with you this easy and delicious Almond Cookies recipe that will leave you craving for more!
And the best thing about this recipe? All the necessary ingredients required are probably already in your pantry. So, round them up and you are ready to go!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon water
Let’s get Baking!
- Preheat your oven to 325 Degree Celsius.
- Mix butter with the sugar and cream them in a large bowl.
- Add in the beaten egg and almond extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add this to the creamed mixture to form a dough.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch-sized balls. Place each ball about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- For a nice roasted almond finish (like in the photo above), flatten each ball with a fork and sprinkle some almonds on top!
- Beat the egg white together with the water, then brush this mixture lightly over each cookie and they are ready for the oven!
- Bake at 160°C for about 14-16 minutes or until edges and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes before removing them from pans onto wire racks.
- When they are sufficiently cooled, you can pack them into tiny airtight bottles where they will stay crunchy and good for at least 3 months!
If you are on the lookout for some wholesome and homemade Almond cookies for special occasions like Chinese New Year – look no further. Chinese New Delivery Singapore have some of the best, mouth-watering Almond cookies you can find and can be delivered right to your doorstep! Visit their website https://cnydelivery.com and feast your eyes on a wide variety of treats that are available all year round!